Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fear

Fear can cause many things like lack of sleep, shortness of breath, spinning thoughts and even difficulties with others. Often that part of us that is afraid is triggered by beliefs we established in Childhood or from a traumatic event from the past. In the here and now, ask yourself,  "When is the first time I felt this?" and "What is the worst that is going to happen today?" and most importantly, "Do I believe God is powerful enough to carry me through this and protect me from the thing I am afraid of?"  When the past is affecting you today, ask God to heal that old part of you. Whatever is before you today that is causing concern, will likely be a distant memory in the near future as you move on to a new worry.  Rather than giving your power away to fear, allow prayer and faith to make you stronger.        © August 2013 Nancy Hickman, M.Ed., LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment